RNG is a special program on which the functioning of any online casino or slot machine hall is based. Knowing how the RNG system works is unlikely to bring you closer to winning or move you away from it. But it will help you realize that any tactics and strategies that are talked about so much are completely meaningless.
How it works?
Let’s consider the principle of the program using the example of slot machines.
- During each spin of the reels, the process of generating numbers takes place.
- These numbers are assigned to the corresponding images of the video slot.
- In just one second, the program goes through a very large number of numbers, forms groups from them, which are subsequently consistent with the symbols of the playing field.
- As a result, each spin of the reel is associated with a number that the generator has selected.
- The RNG works even if the video slot is not involved in the game process.
A random number generator can be compared to a computer program. It uses groups of instructions (algorithms).
Game slots are designed in such a way that a huge number of commands are allowed in them, which provide for microprocessor technologies.
The workflow consists of a large number of combinations, the sets of which are called cycles.
- The cyclical nature of the process does not mean that there are winning and losing cycles.
- One combination is replaced by another and nothing affects its winning or losing character.
- The cycles are randomly selected.
If they are trying to convince you otherwise, keep in mind that this is nothing more than a myth.
The RNG randomly selects a number that is tied to a specific character and thus forms a combination of characters on the screen.
Any of the symbolic images that we see on the screen of a slot machine may appear several times in a row in the same place, or vice versa – not appear there at all. The RNG does not track such moments. That is why it is called a random number generator.
An analogy can be drawn with the principle of operation of this program and the game of lotto. As you know, in the loto, the casks are taken out of the bag, after which they are placed back and mixed. Under such conditions, it is quite obvious that the same number may appear many times in a row, or may not appear at all. This is exactly how the RNG works.
So, do not be discouraged if you played on the slot, but luck didn’t smile at you, and after leaving the game, you saw how another player won. This does not mean at all that if you continued the game, you won too.