- Full name: John Huanda.
- Date of birth: 07/08/1971
- Place of residence: Marina del Rey (USA, California).
- In the money: one hundred and eighty times.
- Current prize money: $ 11,268,551.
- Finished in first place: twenty-three times.
- Number of WSOP bracelets: three.
- Marital status: single, no children.
- Started playing: 1996
- Favorite type of poker: Hold’em (No limit and Pot limit).
- Hobbies: cinema, travel, books.
- Favorite musicians: E. John and J. Lennon.
- Poker Pro Idols: Eric Seidel, Howard Lederer, Allen Cunningham, Chris Ferguson, Phil Ivey.
- FullTiltPoker nickname: John Juanda.
Childhood and youth
John Huanda was born in Indonesia, and lived there until he was nineteen years old. Ethnically, he is Chinese. John moved to the states in order to enter the University of Oklahoma, which he managed to do without any problems. As a child, the boy was quite seriously involved in sports, in particular, running. At the university, he had no equal, either at long or at short distances. Between sports and school, Huanda also managed to earn extra money by selling Bibles.
John’s father was a gambler at one time and almost lost all his property, so the family reacted negatively to games of this kind. But the guy loved poker and the prohibitions of his parents did not work on him.
John successfully graduated from the University of Oklahoma and received a bachelor’s degree in marketing and management, but he was not condemned to work in his specialty all his life, fate brought Huanda to professional poker.
The first serious successes in the poker field
At the WSOP, John first played in 1999, reaching the finals in 2 tournaments. The first bracelet came to the talented player three years later at the TripleDrawLowballAcetoFive tournament. It is likely that it was for this achievement that he was recognized as the player of the year.
A stunning success awaited John Huang in 2003. His collection was replenished with two WSOP bracelets at once. There were so many victories and major finishes in Huanda’s career that there were so many victories and major finishes in Huanda’s career that it is impossible to list everything in one article. However, one cannot fail to mention the main event.
European World Series of Poker in 2008, because then John hit a jackpot in the amount of more than one and a half million dollars.
Huanda does not advertise his personal life. Judging by his behavior at the poker table, one gets the impression that he is a very calm and quiet person. John has his own restaurant in Marina del Rey.